Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Anyhow, 2nd full day of wandering around Bermuda. Yesterday ran some errands in hamilton like I said & then met up with Marie & ate & then wandered some more. I was getting pretty wiped out yesterday - lack of water & salt & I forgot to bring a hat with me, so I'm pretty sure my brain was getting fried. After wandering with Marie around Hamilton as she ran some errands, I went to Horseshoe bay, one of the more popular beaches. Once there I got some water &
downed a bunch of salt packets & that helped a lot. Stayed at the beach for about an hour - it was amazing, beautiful sand - very fine like powder & the water was, well, not as warm as bath water, it was definitely warmer than pigeon lake in August or whenever it was that I went & yeah, swimming went better than it does in non-ocean. Very fun time there & very, very peaceful.

Then went back to Marie's (on Sleepy hollow drive up by Sandy bay if you're looking at a map), had supper & went to a bible study group at the catholic church. It was OK, they were all excited with me commenting & about how much I knew the Bible...

Today went to the Naval Dockyards, was a british naval dock yard, but now it's mostly a tourist trap. Took the ferry out (ferry admission is included in the bus pass). They get the ferry pretty revved up (about 20 knots). The Dockyards were nice & had a good time wandering around looking at the touristy stuff - beautiful glass & clay works.

Going to wander around hamilton some now & then meet up with marie for "harbour night" - big celebration thing with fireworks & such.

Oh, & I bought a hat today & have been watching the liquid & salt intake a bit better, so feeling pretty decent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home