Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Another Hint: What I want to be when I grow up

Well, it is now currently up to five different jobs/roles that I could switch to if I want to change jobs in my company. Got hinted at that I should try to decide which one to pick before coming back in Jan. Was told that I should probably figure out "what I want to be when I grow up".....

....so what is that? What do I want to be when I grow up? Well, I'd like to be a husband, maybe a father. I'd like to be kind, be loving, be generous, be thankful, be wise. I'd like to be someone who lives life to the full, who enjoys the richness of good moments, good friendships & all the very best that life has to offer. I'd like to be someone who breathes deep & feels rich in love & rich in life. I'd like to be a healer, a lover, a warrior, a sherpherd. I'd like to be someone that helps restore dignity & hope to people, someone who helps bring freedom to people in chains, hope to those who've lost it. I want to be someone who can weep with those who grieve, laugh with those who rejoice, dance & sing with wild abandon at the craziness, futility, beauty & eloquence of life.... I'd like to be a writer, a poet, a student of beauty.....

Maybe I'd like to be a patriarch. Maybe a saint. Maybe I'd like to be someone who helps remove poverty from some part of the globe. maybe I'd like to be someone who helps fix the problems in Africa, or in other failing places in the world.....

Maybe deep down when I grow up I want to be Jesus - or at least someone who looks like Him, LOVES like Him....

So I wonder if the company has a job description that entails that?! Or if any company has the above as a job description? (and, on the flip side, if any place did, would I be have the balls to actually take that job instead of sticking with the status quo).

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

I think these are pretty good aspirations... if you find that sort of job, let me know! I think I'd like one with that kind of description too.

December 20, 2006 at 6:11 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

So Kirk. Read your ideal job description... From what I know of you, which is a fair bit considering how long I have known you, that is not a decription of the job you want. That is a description of the "job" you do.
As I read through it, I was like, yup that is Kirk, so it that... and it went on. My friend, you are becoming more and more who you want to be like... and love like...

December 20, 2006 at 9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home