Sunday, February 11, 2007

Lucky

Spent the evening chatting with another friend & she mentioned something to the effect that most women she knew, especially Christian women, were waiting for some guy to save them.....

....and I sat & pondered this & thought through the wealth of fantastic gal friends & acquaintances that I have been fortunate enough to get to know over the years & a smile/smirk started forming on my face.... this from the realization that, well, I don't really know very women who are waiting for a guy to save them.....

... my gal friends, past & present, for the most part want to find love, they want to be swept off their feet & romanced & to have a man fight for them & sacrifice for them & all of that, but this is an entirely different thing from being 'rescued' or 'saved' by a guy....

... nearly all of my gal friends are vibrant women, women filled with passion & life & heart. They have a richness of being & live to pursue the passions of their heart. The women I'm lucky enough to be friends with are women who know themselves (or are at least learning who they are) & they refuse to be boxed, chained, or be told what to do.... The idea of a guy 'saving' them would be met with at least confusion & at most utter disdain.... on the occasional times where I've been foolish enough to try to 'rescue' my gal friends from whatever perceived 'danger' they were in, my efforts have been met with either a kind rebuke to complete hostility &, while I may look all hurt & winge-y at the time, I wouldn't want it any other way.

There is an aspect of where as humans we all need a 'rescue'. We all need to be loved. We all need to be freed from our self-destructive tendancies. We all need to be reminded of hope.... but ultimately we find these things in Christ & the places where we find them in others are really only shadows of His greater rescue....

....but yeah, I'm thankful for the reality that my gal friends are strong women, that they are not fragile flowers waiting for some man to come riding to their rescue... my gal friends are beautiful, feminine women, but yeah, the majority of them are warriors in their own right & not people to be trifled with.....

...so yeah, walked away from the evening feeling very lucky for the richness of my friendships & for the gift of having a life full of friendships with gutsy women (including my mom)... & so thank you, as me & as a man, to my brave & courageous female friends who continue to battle to find their path, to discover who they are, to life & love to the fullest & who live to liberate others... you all have set a good example for me & for many others. Keep living the flame of your life & let no one, no man, steal that passion, that fire, from you..... blessings & peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home