Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Writing exercise: 11 Apr AM (close enough)

Well, it's sort of still morning. Groggy today. The bed was very comfortable & sleep was nice. Hit snooze a lot & delayed my getting ready until the last possible moment. Felt a bit delinquent about that, but it also felt luxurious to delay waking for a bit longer. It's amazing how the warmth & coolness of the covers can caress & cocoon your body & make it so hard to leave the shelter of slumber….

No real memories of dreams. Less prodding on the wake up. More just remembering I had a meeting this morning & trying to calculate how long I could delay & still make the meeting.

Was late going to bed last night 'cause I ended up reorganizing some of the G.I. Joes to fit in the new helicopter & zodiac that I got in the mail. Had to move around some stuff, but everything fit in & it looks good. This brought a good feeling to my geek little heart & so it helped me go to bed contented… the thoughts from the writing last night left me feeling a tad undone & so it was nice to 'relax' with the reorganization… I find the whole organizing & stuff to be creative. It's similar to the sub-creator/creative urges that drove Tolkien to create a whole world, peoples, characters, languages for Middle Earth (though mine is a tad less expansive than that).

I delay sleep for far too long, but I think this is just being a bit like my niece. There is so much to do in the day & since I'm more alert at night, I don't quite want my day to end until it has to… this does make me like a zombie in the morning & I miss out on the early parts of the day, but still it's just what it is…

Read the passages for the day (Ecclesiastes 3, Proverbs 12, James 5) in between meetings this morning. Not sure what is driving Andrea in picking these, but it's cool to see the correlation between passages & the common theme that comes through in reading the passages at the same time. There is a theme woven through these three passages of justice; railing against those who oppress the poor & calling for those who are 'righteous' to stand up in the defence of the oppressed. Will have to reflect more on this later & hanging out this evening at the ministry serving single moms may throw a bit more light on this theme, too… (though doing dishes maybe doesn't seem like that much of a defence of the oppressed). But yeah, more to come on these passages tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home