Friday, June 08, 2007

Sword thoughts

"I give hope to Men," "I keep none for myself,"
- Aragorn in "Return of the King"

Random trivia off of IMDB:
"The last words exchanged by Elrond and Aragorn are "I give hope to Men," "I keep none for myself," are taken from Appendix A, in which the Elvish translation of those lines (Onen i-Estel Edain, u-chebin estel anim) are the final words of Aragorn's mother, Gilraen. Estel, meaning hope, was also the name given to Aragorn before his true heritage is revealed to him."

Ended up watching part of the 'Return of the King' tonight with new friends Rebekah & Nicoleta. Funny/odd stuff: felt a strong urge to make it downstairs to watch with them before the movie passed the part where Aragorn receives Anduril, the reforged Narsil (the sword I own is a replica of Narsil)..... so I feel tugged to go down & I'm sitting down in the chair as Elrond is presenting the reforged sword to Aragorn....

the other odd bit is that the quote above was rattling around in my brain earlier in the week & I couldn't remember where it was from.... now I know & so it makes me wonder of what awakenings, what significance this may hold in my life...

another odd bit is that I actually had the sword in the trunk of the car today. packed it in the car to bring to the community house with the possibility of bringing it out in some symbolic gesture of fighting the spiritual oppression that they seem to have been facing over the last number of weeks. The sword didn't make it out of the car, but the fact that it was there was interesting & made me wonder if maybe it's God fighting for my soul more than me trying to get Him to battle for others....

Have been thinking of Ezekiel's dry bone vision lately.... & seeing Aragorn walk through the halls of the dead & raise a vast army from the dry bones spoke volumes to me tonight...

...again, don't know what this means, but it felt very significant.... so thought I'd note it here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

curious about Aragorn... thanks for that.

June 11, 2007 at 1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home