Saturday, November 19, 2005

'Sanctified' Imagination

A while back a guy I knew was trying to raise money so that he could pay for his Bible college tuition. He had the novel idea of printing T-shirts to sell for his own personal fund-raiser....This was probably one of the most novel ideas I'd heard & so I decided to purchase his t-shirts to help support his ingenuity if nothing else.

Anyhow, one of the shirts is red with "Sanctified' printed in white across the chest. I was sort of thinking about wearing it around & was trying to figure out how to explain to people what 'sanctified' meant.... but that planning sort of became moot after one of my gal friends was wearing the shirt & another gal friend made the observation, "Look, it says 'sanctified' right across your boobs".

...and yeah, haven't worn it much at all after that. It's hard not to feel like a hypocrite wearing a 'sanctified' T-shirt with that kind of imagery in your head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home