Friday, May 05, 2006

Aftermath

On the night after the incident with the drunk guy I didn't sleep so good. Some of it was from too much thinking, some was from keeping one ear open, wondering if the guy would make good on his threat to come back. Again, wasn't scared, just didn't want to be surprised & so was sort of half listening for sounds of someone breaking into my house. This was also the night of the huge wind storm, so yeah, lots of noises, not enough sleep.

Later in the week, my roommate, David, was over at the 'crack' guy's house where the wife went to & found the drunk guy who was beating up on his wife there, sober, friendly & apologetic, helping the crack guy move some stuff... The guy apologized and told David, "This is why I should never drink". David told him that he'd prefer that the guy didn't beat up on women anymore over an apology.

My head is much more sane now. Had some chances to talk with a fantastic friend who sort of helped make things 'better'. It's the gift of good friends to help you rest & remind you to be yourself & that you're valued for who you are. That & my friend reminded me that I do have women who are interested in me, it's just that I tend to write them off as 'crazy' & my friend figures I should probably stop doing that.... sounded like good advice.

But yeah, I've been happy this week. Work has been a bit of a downer. But otherwise things are good. Met a new potential friend through the internet dating site, I've now got other women sending me messages (still people from the phillipines, but some are closer - like Leduc). Had dance practice & saw Our Lady Peace on Monday. Had some wonderful Moroccan food & deep conversation with my friend Marty on Tuesday. Supper with the amazing, beautiful & wonderful Rachel on Wednesday, & have started working my way through '24' season 4. Jack's the 'one man army' (to steal an OLP song title).

But yeah, life is good. Looking forward to a quiet weekend (without the nagging voices in my head).

Here's they lyrics to that Nichole Nordeman song I mentioned in the last post:

"Miles" by Nichole Nordeman (dedicated to "Miles Coulson & the beautiful heart of Alex that lives on")

There's a mother on her knees / Somewhere in San Francisco / Looking up and begging please / God, do not forget me now // Her baby's on machines / 'Cause his heart could not keep beating / And she knows what desperate means / 'Cause the clock is ticking down, down // And hope rushed in like waves / That someone might just save the day / And if heaven's just a prayer away / Then why, she cries, would God not change things?

It may be miles and miles before the journey's clear / There may be rivers, may be oceans of tears / But the very Hand that shields your eyes from understanding / Is the Hand that will be holding you for miles

There's another mother on her knees / Somewhere in San Fransisco / Looking up and begging please / God do not forget me now // It happened like a dream / he was laughing, he was running / Then she heard the sirens scream / When her little boy fell down, down // She had never known / The agony of letting go / But a few miles down the road / His heart would find a baby boy just in time

It may be miles and miles before the journey's clear / There may be rivers, may be oceans of tears / But the very Hand that shields your eyes from understanding / Is the Hand that will be holding you for miles

One moment someone whispers thank you / Just then another heart cries, how could you? / When Jesus, who sees us, He says I hear you / I'm near you //

It may be miles and miles before the journey's clear / There may be rivers, may be oceans of tears / But the very Hand that shields your eyes from understanding / Is the Hand that will be holding you for miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home