Monday, September 25, 2006

King Sized Beds

When travelling with 'the company' (whichever company that might be), they have this tendancy to rent you rooms with King size beds. Why? I have no idea. Maybe they think it's ritzy. I think that's silly. One guy doesn't need a king size bed to himself. There's just too much space for one person (unless I decided to get bigger, which I'm trying to avoid). My queen bed at home is already too big for one person, but my laundry seems to occupy the space well in lieu of a person...

That & they give you like 5 pillows. Again, why? just to fill up the empty spaces in the bed? Maybe I should try forming creative pillow sculptures for the cleaning staff to find. I wonder if I could do a pillow Inukshuk in the middle of the bed?

Hotel rooms (& business trips in general) are lonely places for me. A long way from home & just a lot of things, like too big of beds, to remind you you're alone. Often I have the TV on a lot in the hotel room. Pretty much from waking up until shortly before falling asleep. I think the noise drowns out the aloneness you can feel in the overwhelming quiet....& the emptiness of the room made for more than just me.

...but the TV hasn't been on quite as much.... maybe that says something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home