Sunday, September 10, 2006

The Question Pool

Love this song. It becomes more meaningful the older I get:

"The Question Pool" by Billy Crockett (off the Watermarks album)

" Where did I leave my plastic halo? why can't I speak to my good friend?
am I sleepwalking through the best years of my life? how long is too long to pretend?
What do I owe my parents' generation? what do I want and who would know?
can I live on answers that were handed down to me? do I just hold on or just let go?

I am drinking from/I am drinking from/ I am drinking from the water blue/ down at the question pool

What is lying over my horizon? what am I afraid of going through?
If whatever happens comes to push me past the edge, will all I believe in still be true?

I am drinking from/I am drinking from/ I am drinking from the water blue/ down at the question pool
I wonder what it all comes to/for me for you/I wonder waht it all comes to

Why am I moved by stories of Eden? what does its lovely sadness mean?
am I a traveller who cannot remember home? why do I cry sometimes in dreams?

I am drinking from/I am drinking from/ I am drinking from the water blue/ down at the question pool"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home